Welcome to the Base-camp
We are Hil and Richard.
We live on the south coast, enjoying the seaside town of Brighton (Portslade, actually) and all it
has to offer.
We moved to a one-bedroom flat in Hove in September 1995 and enjoyed it so much we
stayed. After many years there, we moved to a small bugalow in Portslade in
Auguat 2007. We are loving it here!
We share a few interests:-
- Walking at weekends, and making use of local attractions and our National Trust membership.
- Taking a kite along when it's windy, and often when it's not... just in case!
- Camping. We enjoy camping locally. Summer weekends often see us disappearing to a
local camp-site and getting away from the technology and chaos that fills the week.
- Walking. Often this is combined with camping.
In summer 2006 we walked the Ridgeway Path. You can read the diary here.
In Easter 2010 we started the South Downs Way. Here are some of our comments.
In Easter 2012 we walked the Downs' Link.
- Cycling. We have done the London to Brighton cycle ride several times now.
Read this: An Interview with an Alien from the
View our photo albums
Do view Richard's and Hil's pages to find out more about us.